Faith Family Christian Center
Health Care Policy
This is a friendly reminder of what our sick policy is here at the day care center.
THE SICK CHILD
"Who Needs to Stay at Home?"
If your child has 1 or more of the following symptoms he/she needs to stay out of day care for a 24 hour time spand without any of the symptoms: (ex: If a child leaves day care at 1:00 p.m. on Tuesday they are not able to come back to the center until Thursday A.M.)
- A fever of 100 d. or higher
- Persistent Diarrhea (more than 2 times in 24 hours)
- Vomiting more than 2 times in 24 hours
- Drainage from the eye-or pink color in the white of the eye
- A sore throat, (especially w/ a temp of 100 d. or higher)
- A rash, particularly a draining rash
If your child goes home with any of the above symptoms (especially a rash, or draining from the eye) we need a note from your child's doctor stating they are not contagious to the other children.
*If children are listless, uncomfortable, disoriented, or irritable they are better off to be at home getting rest and individual attention.*
"Who Will be Sent Home?"
If your child has 1 or more of the following symptoms, he/she will be sent home from day care, and must stay at home for a 24 hour time spand, free of any symptoms.
- Fever of 100 d. or higher under the arm (axillary) or higher
- Diarrhea (2 or more watery stools no matter what the cause)
- Rash, particularly a draining rash, or any open oozing sores
- Eye discharge or Pink Eye
- Fatigue that prevents participation in regular activities
- Lice (nits) or Scabies
If your child is sent home with a rash, pink eye, or eye discharge he/she must bring a note from a doctor stating that he/she is not contagious and is able to return to the center.
It is very important that you have a back up person available for your child. It is also very important that you keep your child out of daycare for a 24 hour period.
Thank you so much for your attention to this very important matter.